Sunday, July 12, 2009
.luxury.
7.9.09

Free Time, Train time, We made it to Venice!!! What a site to see. Venice is different than I imagined it would be. There were parts of it that fit my vision, but I liked the real thing so much more! I thought that Venice would be mainly white/gray with black bits. . . I don’t really know where I got that impression, but there were definitely portions that fit that description. Just like Rome and Florence, Venice was filled with color. I loved it from the moment we stepped on the water taxi to make our way to our hotel. I could hardly control myself with the camera. There were numberless views that absolutely amazed me. One of the first things I noticed was how quiet it was. There were not cars honking and sirens sounding every 10 minutes, it was just so quite. So refreshing .
Even better was the moment we stepped into our hotel. Luxury. So wonderful! Allie and I shared a room. After staying in our little, humble, dated hotel in Florence, UNA Hotel was a masterpiece! A little piece of heaven! Our room walls were upholstered with a cream colored damask fabric, with stressed furniture pieces and doors. The window treatments were topped with an upholstered brown cornice with panels of two toned cream fabric. And the carpet, fun: brown with a white swirl-like pattern. “30” flat screen tv (which we never used, but it looked nice. J ) and a refrigerator, how convenient. We slept so well, and actually felt safe to sleep in the sheets. Lovely experience.
Once we were settled, Darrin led us all to the Rialto Bridge where we were able to view the Grand Canal and become acquainted with Venice. We were set free at that point. We were pretty hungry so, once again, we ordered a meal that looked soooo good. . . not. Disappointed. Feeling a little stressed and behind in our assignments, Allie and I thought it would be good to head back to the hotel to catch up.
Hoping to satisfy our hunger and desire for yummy food, we ordered a crepe: one with Nutella spread and strawberries. It worked, physically and emotionally. We sat down on a few little steps near a canal that was so beautiful Gondola’s passed us every 7 minutes or so. We took lots and lots of pictures, laughed, and talked. We felt so much better, no more stress, only peaceful and so happy to be in Venice. We were in Venice for Heaven’s sake! This was no time for stress!!! We like to take ourselves out of the picture and see ourselves from above, sitting on an adorable little stairway watching gondola’s pass by as the sun is setting. Perfect.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment