What a great day!
7.6.09
We are in Florence!!! We walked from the train station to our hotel, only to find out that the hotel that we were originally supposed to stay in, was full. So they sent us to the sister hotel which was just around the corner nearly five minutes away. Not a problem, right? Well, we are going to have to walk back to the original hotel everyday if we want to use the internet. It really is kind of a hassle, but we can’t worry about it too much. As long as we have internet, we are good to go. Once again, the rain followed us. As we were walking to our stay, it rained again. First it poured in Rome, now it is Florence. We will have to see how this holds up for the rest of the trip.
I made a fun realization today. As I posed for my picture with my luggage and umbrella, I realized that my lovely hot pink luggage has been through a lot! It has made it back and forth from Logan multiple times, New York (3 times), Chicago, now all the way to Rome, and Florence. How fun is that?!? Thanks to my dear aunts and uncles who gave it to me for my high school graduation. It has done me well!

Well, our stay in Florence is a bit different than that in Rome. It is a small room that accommodates four twin beds in it. I would say that this room is maybe a few feet longer than the room that I grew up in. When I first saw it, I fell in love with it! I think it will be a lot of fun to stay here. It is humble and had blue, aged quilts on the beds. Of course, we took them right off as I’m sure they don’t get much washing, if any at
all. But, we have windows that have shutters on them and it makes me so happy! This is what I imagine Italy to be like. It doesn’t matter how small it is, or how old it is, or the fact that we have no internet and only two phone lines for the entire hotel. It just doesn’t seem to matter much because it is all worth the experience. I bought a phone card and the phones are a joke, but, what do you do? Just love every minute that I have to hear the voice of my fiancé and my mother.
We made our way out on a walking tour. We actually took a tour of the area. We ended up at the Duomo which is remarkable. The details are unreal.
Our tour guide told us about an amazing gelato shop! She swore that it would be the best gelato that we will eat here in Italy. Well, she was right!! The shop was called Grom. We have had plenty o
No comments:
Post a Comment