
7.26.09

We went to church today and it was so cool. I loved it so much. There were quite a few visitors there but it felt like home to me. I am amazed to see the church around the world. How comforting to know that no matter where we are, the gospel stays the same. The testimonies of those who spoke today were incredible. Our gospel doctrine class was really good. I was impressed with the teacher and the comments that were made. She talked about trials and tribulations and to think about a difficult time in our lives the we have experienced or are experiencing. She told of the experience of Joseph Smith and the others in Liberty Jail. As she spoke she testified that God knows what is best. He knows what we can and can't handle in our lives, but that through the refiner's fire, we are shaped and moulded to become like him. There was a woman from California who spoke about the challenge of Proposition 8. She told us that the members of the church were asked to become very involved and to show what is right. She explained what a challenge it was for several people as they knew people or had family members who were practicing homosexuality, but regardless, chose to stand for what is right. This woman told us that Elder Bednar came and spoke at their stake conference and tol

d them that what they had experienced was no battle, rather a small skurmish. He told them that the battle is ahead. He gave an apostolic blessing to the stake, that if they will do what is right, that their burdens may be made light. I was impressed with this woman's testimony. To see the faith of these people was very touching to me.
In relief society, we talked of the blessings of the temple. We talked of the blessings of regular attendance and being worthy to enter. There was a woman behind us who told the teacher that she was v

isiting our church today and wanted to know what the temple was for. If it is for worshiping, then what was church for. She didn't quite know the difference and she asked very sincerely. I think that the teacher did a pretty good job of explaining and another woman who was a covert explained a little bit more about the temple. I got thinking how grateful I am for the knowledge that we have. We know so much. It all makes so much sense. There was a spirit about us that was very special, and I hope that this investigator was able to feel of it. Our teacher talked about how we must fulfill our own temple ordinances before performing them for others and it hit me so strongly that in 2 weeks and 2 days, I get to go through the temple. And then 2 days later, be married for time and all eternity. How grateful I am for the knowledge and testimony that is in me. Our dear teacher bore her testimony as she expressed how grateful she was for the temple. She taught that if we are worthy at all times, then when things get rough, we don't have to worry, because we are worthy. She told us that she lost her little girl one year ago. She had severe special needs and it was her time to go. On top of that, she said that she had lost her husband 12 years ago. She testified of the peace within the temple and comfort of knowing of eternal families, and that if she lives worthily, that she will be able to see her daughter and husband again. Such faith. I couldn't imaging going through what she has, but she was so graceful and confident in the plan of salvation, that everything was okay.
Church was so great! I am so glad that we were able to go. We just stuck around our flat afterwords. We were hoping to catch up on some sleep and on our assignments. Well, we definitely got some sleep. . .our one hour nap turned into 3 1/2. Funny how that happens. It has been such a great day!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment