Sunday, August 2, 2009

.Wicked.

8.1.09
FREE DAY!!! Oh, how nice it is to have a free day. We made it a point to get up this morning to get tickets for Wicked. Fortunately we made it there in time to get tickets. I am so bad when it comes to waking up in the morning. I tend to be late to everything I attend. I want to be better and work on it. We had hoped to get there early to guarantee tickets. We didn’t get there until it opened so there was a line. Fortunately, Courtney went ahead of us to wait in line. We got 60 pound tickets for the price of 25 because we are students. How awesome is that?! I sat right in front of Allie, and Courtney was just in the section next to us. We opted to split up so that we could get closer seats. We were very excited to see it!!

After we got tickets, we made our way to Portobello Road and Notting Hill for the second time. I did some more souvenir shopping and I am done now! We wanted to go today because it is on Saturday that the fun shops and markets are set up. I found some fun stuff there but there were so many people there that we were going crazy!!! We had to get out ASAP! We got home and were drained from battling the crowds for quite some time. It was worth going for the experience. Because of the crowds, we didn’t even make it down to the main market which is really quite a bummer, but we were done. Too many people. Regardless, I got some fun stuff.

We just came home afterwords to try to blog and catch up a bit. We took an hour to take a nap and were rudely awakened by the fire alarm. That darn thing has gone off 3 times in the two weeks that we have been here. Fortunately it was turned off within 30 seconds of it going off which allowed us to stay inside rather than evacuate the building. I’m actually kind of glad that it went off this time because it got us up to get going again. We worked up until the time that we left for the show!!

Wicked was awesome! I think that Allie really enjoyed it, where it was her first time seeing it. I enjoyed more this time to observe the set, the costumes, stage affects and more so the small details that were overlooked the first time I saw it. I really liked it! Wicked is definitely a must see for those of you who have not seen it. The costumes and effects were very impressive to me. I got thinking what it would be like to design a stage set. It takes a lot of creativity to produce a set that will work for any type of atmosphere that needs be produced. I have a professor (Darrin) who has done some set design and I can see now truly how much must go into it. It is interesting, having gone through three years of design, the way I notice design aspects. It is engraved in me and I love it.
On our way home, we saw an itty bitty car parked on the side of the road. It was so small. I can't even imagine what it would be like to have a car like that. It even had a carseat in the back. The edge of the carseat was touching the back of the driver's seat.

No comments:

Post a Comment